Friday 20 December 2013

T is for Trapani, Sicily, and Tesco, Stroud Green Road, London N4
 
When Elvis died,
I was staying at a fly-blown hotel in Trapani, Sicily. I saw the headline on an Italian newspaper. At the time, I was living in north London, on the southern reaches of Crouch End, and did my shopping at the Tesco supermarket in Stroud Green Road. Now read this e-mail which I found at the now defunct website, elvissightings.com. It was posted on Thursday, 13 February 1997 at 19:30:58 (EST), by Clare Mac mc629@gre.ac.uk. 


‘I saw Elvis this morning at Tesco on Stroud Green Road in London N4. He was buying some low-fat cottage cheese with pineapple. He was wearing a shell suit and white socks with red stripes tucked over the bottom of his trousers!! This proving the King is alive and well and living near Finsbury Park.’




Trapani, Tesco, Thursday — spooky, huh? If that's not enough for you, here is an Elvis impersonator whose surname is Trapani.




Tomorrow The man who invented rock'n'roll. Clue: it's not Elvis and it starts with a 'u'.

No comments: